2013-14 PTSA Officers
President - Sharon Shaw
Vice President - Loretta Hawley
Treasurer - Tracey Mayo
Secretary - Anne Berriman
Parliamentarian - Serenity Kelton
PTSA Supports the following Programs/Events at Stony Point
Tigers in Service
RRISD Clothes Closet
Noel Grisham Scholarship
Tigers on Track Awards
State and National PTA Programs through the dues we send on to TXPTA and National PTA
PTSA loves the SPHS Staff!
PTA and T-Mobile have partnered together to bring PTA members
exclusive discounts on wireless mobile service and equipment. All
PTA members are eligible to receive the following special promotions:
Special Savings for PTA Members!
- 14% monthly discount on qualifying plans
- FREE Activation (savings of $35)
- FREE 2-Day Shipping with new activation
- Get a FREE Blackberry Curve 8520 plus a FREE Bluetooth headset when you sign up for a voice and data plan
- FREE Samsung Gravity 2, after $50 mail-in rebate, regularly priced at $199.99, plus FREE Bluetooth headset or car charger
- * MyTouch 3G for only $99.99, regularly priced at $399.99, plus FREE Bluetooth headset or car charger
- OFFERS ARE FOR NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN RETAIL STORES. For new lines of service please call 1-866-464-8662 and mention promo code 9788TMOFAV.
- Terms and conditions apply. Other phones are available at PTA discounted pricing.
- Existing T-Mobile customers may be eligible to receive the monthly discount with a two year commitment, please call 1-877-453-8824. Don't forget to mention your "Local PTA Unit Number" as a reference.
Join PTSA today and become part of a powerful voice for all children. Down load a membership form and volunteer form right here
RRISD Volunteer and Mentor Application For information and an online application for volunteers and mentors click HERE
SPHS PTSA Get Involved!
Can I really make a difference? Yes, when you are involved your child achieves more.
How do I help my child succeed? You can help your child succeed by providing a home that encourages learning and supports your child’s physical, mental, and emotional development. And, you can help your child succeed by working with the school and other community groups that have an impact on your child.
What happens if I get involved? Decades of research show that when parents are involved students have:
- Higher grades, test scores, and graduation rates
- Better school attendance
- Increased motivation, better self-esteem
- Lower rates of suspension
- Decreased use of drugs and alcohol
- Fewer instances of violent behavior
- Greater enrollment rates in post-secondary education
Clothes Closet Round Rock Council of PTAs The Clothes Closet was one of the very first service projects taken on by the Round Rock Council of PTAs. Established in 1976 it has been serving students for nearly 30 years. The first location was an actual closet located at Berkman Elementary School and as it grew, was eventually moved to the portable on the Voight campus where we currently serve our RRISD families. The mission of the Clothes Closet is to provide clean, gently used clothing and new socks and underwear to kids in our school district in need of free school clothes.If you need the services of the Clothes Closet, please contact the school nurse or your counselor.
Teacher Appreciation The PTSA loves our faculty and staff here at Stony Point! We have a small budget, under $3/year per staff member, but we work hard to show our appreciation in a variety of ways. PTSA hosts a welcome back breakfast, a fall semester treat, a spring semester treat, and teacher appreciation week in May, which is a week of treats and lunch. How can we do this? With your generous help! We need a) volunteers, b) fresh ideas, c) donations, d) any or all of the above. Please let us know you would like to help by filling out a volunteer form and turning it into the main office.
Membership Join the Stony Point PTSA! Through membership funds, the PTSA is able to provide many valuable programs that benefit the students, parents and faculty of Stony Point. Membership dues are $10.00 per member and forms are available in the SPHS office or PRO Center. You can also print out the form here. There are also many PTSA Board positions available each year.
Stony Point High School PTSA uses Checksmart to process returned checks.